Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 52 - Saturday


Today we spent time filling my Aunt in on our lives. I snuggled in with her in bed and showed her my pictures from my vacation. She may not be able to talk, but she can definitely get her point across.....like when she scolded me for showing too much cleavage in a picture! :)


I loved that my children jumped right onto her bed to share the things they brought with her!! We had such a wonderful time with her and were able to gather around her and have a family prayer time! But it broke my heart to leave......I love her so much and seeing her cry as we left was nearly too much for me!

I am so thankful that I know my Lord holds her in the palm of His wonderful hands!!!

6 comments:

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Cleavage?!!!
Oh my. Shame on you!
That's funny.

These photos are precious and priceless.

McMrs said...

Great photos of the weekend! She must have enjoyed herself so much!!

Mari said...

What a special time for all of you. It's great you all have such a good relationship that you feel comfortable getting in her bed! Has she had a stroke?

sara said...

Mari, she has had multiple strokes to the same part of her brain. They can not stop them b/c of the location and she continues to get worse and worse. I don't think she had one this weekend and that is great news!

Christine said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. What a blessing that all of you were able to go - it must have been such an encouragement to her.
Love and prayers.

Michelle said...

You must have made her feel so special with your visit! :)