Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 147 - Wednesday

Today I helped my cousin in the process of getting my Aunt's house ready for an estate sale. This was a very emotionally and physically difficult day for me. I was not completely prepared to see the house so empty. However, it was a good day. There were tears and there was also a lot of laughter as we discovered things and reminisced. One funny story: my cousin found a bottle of dish washing liquid, like Joy. But there was something else in the bottle. My Aunt had taped masking tape over the label and written on it "something else"!! I laughed about this all day!!


Emelda Marcos had nothing on my Aunt!!


I know.....I am so cute!!
This was a Neiman Marcus hat...still in the hat box!
I so wish we had a picture of her wearing it.
yes, I kept the hat!!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Very cute!

bentonflocke said...

wonderful momens and memories!! It´s important to cry, to love and to remember!

Love your shots!!