Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 42 - Saturday, Feb 11

I can't tell you how wonderful it has been staying with Rita and Mike.  Our friendship feels like one forged over many years and yet this is the first time we have met face to face.  Their home is warm and they have treated us like family.  I will be very sad to leave tomorrow!
Today Jared had his audition at Anderson....so much STRESS!!!  But it seems like he did well.  He will find out for sure in about a week.....have I told you that I am not a good waiter?!

 Tonight we ate at an Upland icon...Ivanhoe's!  this picture of me is what you get after wearing a hat all day...I don't miss 16 degrees!!!
 Rita and I shared the "Cowabunga". Do you see how BIG it is.  we each only ate 1/4!!!
  But they are mostly known for their 100 different shakes!!!!
  We sampled a few!!!  yum!
 

1 comment:

Mari said...

That is one huge hamburger! Sounds like a wonderful time, except the waiting. I don't like waiting either - praying that Jared gets good news!